As most of you know, Kippen Primary participates in the ‘Rag Bag’ recycling scheme which provides regular fundraising for our school. The scheme also increases awareness about textile recycling and by increasing recycling rates we can help the environment by ensuring less material goes to landfill.
Our next collection date is October 7th.
All the pupils have been given a bag to take home to fill if possible. If you have lots to recycle feel free to send more in carrier bags or bin bags.
We can accept the following items:
- All men’s, ladies and children’s clothing
- Paired shoes (tied together)
- Handbags, bags, ties & belts
- Household linen & towels
We cannot accept the following items:
- Duvets both synthetic and feathered
- Pillows & cushions
- Carpets & Rugs
- Soiled or wet clothing
- Uniforms & workwear
- Shredded or mutilated textile material
- Textile off cuts, yarns or threaded material
Thank you in advance for your help!
Kippen Primary Eco Team