In August 2007 Parent Councils became the representative body for parents.
What do Parent Councils do?
The role of the Parent Council is to:
- support the school in its work with pupils
- represent the views of all parents
- encourage links between the school, parents, pupils, pre-school groups and the wider community
- report back to all the parents in the school (called the Parent Forum)
- play a role in the appointment of headteachers and depute headteachers
- support the school and pupils during school inspections
More information on Parent Councils can be found on the ParentZone section of Education Scotland’s website.
Here is the Constitution for Kippen Primary School Parent Council.
Kippen School’s office bearers and class representatives for session 2015-2016 are:
Chair Amy Anderson
Treasurer Julie Smith
Secretary Lynne Gayler
P1/2 Class Reps Rebecca McEwen
P3 Class Reps Kirstine Dymott
P4/5 Class Reps Michelle McPhee
P5/6 Class Reps P6/7 Class Reps Annett Schmautz
Kippen Primary School Parent Council is a registered charity in Scotland (SCO43545)